Soilmate Family Picnic Sunday October 18th, 11 - 4 pm
Community Futures support local food movement and would like to encourage you to attend the first Soilmate Family Picnic.
How does this sound?
- Bringing yourself, your friends and your family for a lovely fall picnic. Spreading your blanket amongst the apple and peach trees, just 10 minutes from Orchard Park Mall.
- Listening to local musicians while you eat and play. You can even dance if you like.
- Local Nutritionists on hand answering questions and providing free mini workshops on a variety of subjects.
- Old fashioned games and activities to entertain the children and adults alike.
- Information on local food and health initiatives.
- Small tastings of local products from some of our region’s best chefs.
- Local food and health groups providing information on local programs.
Soil Mate invites you to join us in celebrating the end of harvest season and giving thanks to our local farmers. We love community and we believe that good, local food and drink is at the heart of it all.
This event is a ‘bring your own food and drink’ event. We will not be selling food or drink at the event. We will have some local food tastings but these are small samples and there will be a limited supply. If you don’t bring food and drink, you will be hungry and thirsty, albeit in a beautiful setting with lots of activities.
This event is free to attend and everyone is welcome. We do ask that all attendees bring a food item for the foodbank.
Due to our limit space, a ticket is required for entry. Click the link to reserve your ticket. https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/soil-mate-family-picnic-tickets-18700770508
A few things to remember if attending
- We will not be selling food and drink at the event. This is a bring your own event. So bring your own ;)
- This is a picnic event so bring a blanket to sit on. You will be blown away with the beauty of the farm and orchard.
- The event is held on a working farm so please wear close toed footwear.
- The event is in fall. While the weather reports look good, bring a few layers in case it gets chilly.
- Apologies but no dogs will be allowed into the event.
- We are not charging for the event, we believe in enabling access to good healthy food and education for all. However, we do request that you bring an item for the foodbank for each person attending.
- Created on .